10 October 2017

051/100 days of aspirin

Lazy morning. Well, physically anyway. I completed my 400-word short story on "remembering the dead" with the help of an exercise I did at the Cardiff Bay Writing Group the day before. Posted up, and have had one comment, on the word homunculous. I had always thought this meant a patched together, animated body, but it is more specific than that, a tiny thing. Knowledge gained, too.

E-mail from boss, basically saying "can't talk now, or in fact for a week or so." Then he sends a jokey e-mail to the whole team. I made myself not respond, it would have come across as too emotional had I done so, but a sharpish follow up tomorrow morning is needed.

In the evening, a lovely meal at the Coal Exchange, three weeks on from my last trip there, and what a change. Then, I was driven most of the way there, sitting on the floor of a camper van. Walking a couple of hundred metres around the building exhausted me, and getting up the steps was a major operation. This time, I walked there alone, in my normal boots but with a crutch. Sprinted up the steps!

I'm not sure I actually need the aspirin any more. I will carry on taking it until the hospital visit, and ask about it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...